Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Run Continues

With my first win on "foreign soil" behind me, I set out on extending my run in the tournament. My next opponent was a thin scronny guy who i thought i could just breeze past. How wrong was I, behind that exterior was a quietly confident person with powerful and consistent ground strokes.

After a quick warm up, we started the match, with my opponent serving first. I quickly won the first game largely thanks to a great number of double faults by my opponent. Then i held my service game to take a 2-0 lead. I was quite annoyed by my opponent in this match as he made alot of bad line calls and kept accusing me of cheating. Anyway, the first set was a tight affair, both of us managed to hold serves quite easily. After about 45 minutes, i was 5-4 up and serving for the set. I comfortably held my serve to take the set.

After losing the first set, cracks started appearing in my opponents game and i took full advantage. I began to play more confidently, placing the ball better and hitting winner after winner. I can safely say that this match is the best match i have ever played in my life.HAHA.
I quickly rapped up the set and the match. I was on my way the semi finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment